The Atlantis is the largest resort in the Caribbean. The entire decor of the Atlantis is based on the legendary lost city and conveys the feeling of being in a long forgotten city. But the Atlantis is far from being forgotten, it is the largest resort and also the most crowded with almost millions of people checking in every year. With six hotels of different stature, the Atlantis can be a confusing mess to think about first. The Atlantis is located on Paradise Island (the island north of Nassau) and is likely to occupy 70 to 80 percent of the island. If you’ve ever thought of staying there, this guide is for you. Here you will find a description of the individual hotels, all sights and the advantages and disadvantages of staying in this fantastic resort.
With six different accommodations, the Atlantis has something you will love. From high quality luxury hotel rooms that cost nearly $ 25,000 a night to average rooms for $ 150 to $ 400, you’re guaranteed to find the perfect hotel for you.
- The Bay – The bay is the luxury tower located next to the reef. Because of its luxurious features, it is the most expensive tower to stay in. The water park, spa and pretty much everything else are a short walk from this tower. It has its own adult-only pool with an outdoor play pavilion. The rooms range from deluxe suites and regular ocean suites to azure and sapphire suites to presidential suites and penthouse suites.
- The reef – The Reef offers luxurious studios and suites in the style of living, in which vacationers feel at home. It is located next to The Cove and is a short walk from every attraction. This luxury suite is perfect for families and includes studio rooms, suites and penthouses.
- The royal towers – These iconic towers in the center of the island are what the Atlantis Resort is known for. It is centrally located compared to all sights. They are more expensive than other towers depending on which room you book. It includes guest rooms, royal suites, large suits, presidential suits, the royal suites and the bridge suite.
- The coral tours – The coral towers are to the right of the royal towers and are a short walk from the pools and water parks. They are cheaper than the royal towers and priced in the middle of the street. These include guest rooms, royal suites, governor suites and presidential suites.
- Harborside Resort – For those who want to live in a home-style apartment, there are villas at the harbor. It’s on the other side of the harbor, so you’ll need to take a shuttle to enjoy the many things the Atlantis has to offer. It includes one, two and three bedroom villas. Each villa has its own kitchen, where you feel at home.
- The beach tower – This tower is the cheapest of all other resorts. It’s on the far right of the entire resort. It is located next to the Atlantis Theater. It includes a shuttle to all other towers and areas and only guest rooms.
WHAT ATLANTIS HAS TO OFFER
When you just talk about the sheer size of the Atlantis and the ridiculous amount of hotel options that you offer, you wonder what kind of accommodation the resort itself offers when it is that big? The Atlantis is known for its special accommodations that satisfy the needs of young and old. The list of things to do goes on and on, and no matter how many times you’ve been there, you probably still haven’t seen it all.
General activities – Visit the beach. The Atlantis Resort has several beaches that are known as the best in the world. In addition, the water park that the Atlantis offers includes a kilometer-long hose adventure, nine water slides and eleven pools. Only these alone cannot be surpassed by any other resort in the world.
For children / family activities – There are literally hundreds of child-centered activities that your family is sure to love, starting with Dolphin Cay. In Dolphin Cay, you and your kids can actually swim and interact with hundreds of different animal species. You can swim with dolphins, sea lions, stingrays and much more. If you like snorkeling, you can actually swim with fish in the tanks of their huge aquarium. The aquarium is available to all guests and offers hundreds of thousands of exotic fish.
For adults – The Atlantis is not everything for children. There are daily activities that ensure that your stay at Atlantis is fun. A very popular activity for adults is visiting Cain at the Cove. This is an adult-only all-access pool with a bar and game center. It also has private cabanas and is a great way to spend your days in the water. Another popular thing is visiting the Aura Nightclub. The club is usually EXTREMELY crowded, but if you don’t mind this could be a fun experience for you. The Atlantis always pays for famous comedians and singers to perform in their theater. You can watch a movie, see a comedian or a famous singer in their huge theater. After all, it’s always a good idea to go to a bar or restaurant. Atlantis has over 40 restaurants and bars ranging from incredibly high end to low end and cheap. Be sure to check out some of the most popular bars like Bimini Road, Mesa Grill and Nobu. If you want to get out and do some physical activity, Atlantis has a great pool, tennis courts, and a world-class golf course that’s open to all guests. They also have a huge fitness center and spa. You can also go shopping in their fine luxury shops.
THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
- You never have to leave the resort to experience the Bahamas. Everything is right for you at the resort. Snorkeling, beaches, swimming, clubs, golfing, as you call it. You will never have to go to experience it.
- The pools, water parks and beaches are world class and are among the best you have ever experienced.
- They do a good job by doing things for both children and adults so that both are happy.
- The outlook is impeccable. You can see the entire paradise island from your room with a breathtaking view that you never want to leave.
- The staff is very friendly. Each employee will treat you with respect and help you with any problems.
- There are endless things to do. People say that every time they are there they experience something new. The things to do are endless.
- You can often feel like a number. Because of the size of the Atlantis, they do a very bad job and make you feel like the experience is about you, and you can often feel like one of many ants.
- Especially if you go in winter, the Atlantis is VERY crowded. Even in the off-season, you’ll have to deal with thousands of other vacationers who live at the same time as you.
- The Atlantis is extremely expensive. You can expect to pay more than $ 6 for a bottle of water, and that’s not even half of it. Drinks can cost up to $ 14 and the room itself can be very expensive. While most activities are free, you have to pay for things like Dolphin Cay and entertainment. If you are trying to save money on vacation, you shouldn’t even think about going to the Atlantis Resort.
- Management is terrible at fixing problems. The size of the resort makes it difficult for management to address an issue in a timely manner. Just another reason why you will feel like a number.
- The restaurants are crowded, overpriced and generally overrated. While they advertise with over 40 restaurants, they forget to tell you that you have to wait at least half an hour or more to get into one, and what’s worse, everything is overpriced just like the rest of the resort.
THE LOWER LINE
If you are planning a trip that focuses on your wallet and how much you can spend, DO NOT go to Atlantis. While it’s a fun experience, you’ll be paying through your nose all the time. If money is not an issue, you will have an incredible time dealing with accommodations and things.