Let’s take a look at a new eye for design game today – the latest title developed by Techfront and published by Sandlot Games.
When you talk about the task, you want to help Halle – a young talented designer who has just graduated from the design academy to fill all of the moods of her customers and get to the top of the business.
Similar to many design games, Eye for Design offers funny cartoon graphics and an amusing soundtrack. In addition, this game will introduce you to a number of beautiful characters. Just like in other games developed by Sandlot, all types of customers are portrayed very realistically and ironically (they will design an interior for students obsessed with video games, hippies who can’t stand anything new and fashionable, cowboys, Adams-like families, etc.) . ).
Basically, your job is to place pieces of furniture from the mandatory and optional lists in the available places in a room. However, there are a few things to remember:
1. Every customer has their moods. Some of your customers want “oldie” or cowboy style furniture, even though they look ugly. But as you know, a customer is always right. Therefore, choose an interior element in cowboy style from all available furniture. Just like in Wedding Dash, you need to carefully read your customers’ wishes at the beginning of each level.
2. There are 3 types of goals for you. You must achieve the required goals by adding the pieces of furniture highlighted in orange to your list. These are mandatory elements that are required to achieve the minimum score. Optional items are highlighted in blue. You will increase your score significantly. And the third – hidden goal is what you achieve when you meet customer needs.
3. If you receive a silver trophy for every room in the house, unlock a bonus round in which you can decorate the room to your heart’s content.
4. Colors. You can change the colors of the furniture, but you need to be very careful with the palette. Try to choose two colors that complement each other and look good together. Use them for the furniture for a better score. Don’t stick to a solid color and don’t make the furniture too colorful.
5. Start by furnishing the most useful items (like a bed for a bedroom, a dining table for a kitchen). Once you’ve placed them properly, you’ll see the logic of the interior: a bedside table passes the bed, a TV should be in front of a couch or chairs, a chair should be next to a desk, etc.)
6. Even if you have scored enough points to go to the next room in the house, click on the Accessories tab and decorate the room with additional pictures, mirrors, carpets, lamps, etc. You will never decrease your score. Pay attention to the wishes of your customers while you furnish the room.
When I talk about the disadvantages of the game, I would admit its somewhat repetitive background melody.
And as always, I appreciate the titles that connect different game mechanics (not just puzzles for placing objects). It would be nice to see some mini-puzzles like point-and-click or hidden objects in the game.