Office furniture is probably as important, if not more important than the location of your office. You and your colleagues spend approximately 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in the office.
1. Make sure that the office furniture you have selected matches the room and that there is enough space to open cupboards and drawers and that people have enough space to get to their desks and into and out of the office.
2. Office furniture must be functional. A cool desk is not necessarily functional. Cafe-style chairs and tables may look good in a catalog, but are they suitable for a law firm?
3. Don’t forget additional office furniture such as filing cabinets, bookshelves and computer stands, as they offer additional functionality and storage space for your office.
4. Make sure your office furniture is ergonomic. It is important that it is comfortable as well as stylish and practical. Health and safety requirements must be complied with, as many stresses, pains and other work-related complaints can be avoided.
5. If possible, divide up the space by creating separate areas for different types of staff. Those who make calls all day have different furniture needs than those who need space to look at design ideas or those who need rest.
6. Different moods can be created with chairs, desks or tables in different colors.
7. Stylish modern high-tech design or traditional wood? What you choose depends on the nature of your business. Your office furniture may be fashionable today, but will it still look stylish in 5 years?
8. Think of the impression that your office furniture must convey to both customers and employees. Office furniture for an accounting firm must differ from a graphic design firm or a call center. The office can be part of a factory, restaurant, or business, so it must be appropriate and in line with the corporate ethic. A design agency wants to be creative and lively, while a law firm wants to be calm and inviting.
9. Think about the future. How easy is it to expand the office layout with the furniture you have selected? New employees or technologies or processes and procedures can lead to the office layout often having to change. Can you move the desk around or do you need the fitters to disassemble the desks so they can be reassembled in another part of the office?
10. Good office furniture encourages employees to be more productive by ensuring that everything they need is available and they can do their jobs without disturbing others.
These tips are intended to help you decide which office furniture is best suited to your needs and meet the needs of your employees, and to give your customers and other visitors the right impression. The right office furniture looks good, is comfortable and lasts a long time. Why not update your office furniture today?